Monday, August 8, 2011

Setting Goals and Having Value as a Man

Been listening to the Pickup Podcast.  Really been enjoying it.  Currently listening to Episode 9 where they interview a PUA named "Xuma."  He, like me, believes that fixing the inner game should be first priority.  He gives the following exercise:  Write down a list of your qualities.  Write it as if it was a sticker on a car, and you are the car.  What would it be selling?  What is listed as the selling points?  What are you good at?  What is your asking price in terms of what you want out of a relationship?  Here's mine.

Qualities:  Smart, funny, fast learner, can excel at things really quickly, if I put my mind to it, I can accomplish most anything.  I can make people feel good.  I am a good writer.  I excel at poetry and can even sing.  I can act.  I can emote.  I have love and give it freely.  I have compassion.  I am deeply religious, but not in a fundamentalist kind of way.  I am, for the most part, self-motivated and self-sustaining.  I am interesting.

Sticker price: Must be beautiful.  Must have a good heart.  Must want kids eventually.  Must be a woman, but also a little girl.  Must cook and clean.  I can cook too, but she should know how and cook my favorite dishes.  Must be nice and have a good sense of humor.  Must make me laugh.  Intelligence would be nice.  Honesty too.  Must be understanding.  And sweet.  She should be sweet.

That's it.  Try it yourself and make your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment